Sorry, this job has expired.
San Antonio, TX
We are currently seeking a Shuttle Driver.
This position is responsible for the delivery of full trailers to the Domicile and taking empty trailers back to the Distribution Center.
A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
• Drive a tractor, maneuvering it into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
• Inspect tractor-trailer for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
• Inspect trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged transport of product.
• Drive tractor-trailer to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle on the road.
• Maintain driver log (Manual or PeopleNet) according to DOT regulations.
• Meet this position’s physical demands.
• Ensure the load bars are engaged and pallets are secure inside trailer.
• Use scanner to ensure the correct load is inside the trailer.
• Perform line haul backhaul duties.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Possess a Class A CDL and successful completion of the McLane Driver Training Program.
• Not have more than two moving violations in past 3 years.
• Not have been convicted of a DWI/DUI within the past 5 years in any vehicle, public or private.
• Be able to use a tractor-trailer, 2-wheel dolly, ramp, and on-board PeopleNet device.
• Be able to lift maximum of 75 lbs.
• Pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, Transportation Department, or Transportation Shop. The environment includes the tractor trailer.
McLane Company, Inc. is one of the largest supply chain services leaders, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery and McLane Foodservice operates over 80 distribution centers across the U.S. and one of the nation's largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 110,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcoholic beverage distribution through its wholly owned subsidiary, Empire Distributors, Inc. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and employs more than 20,000 teammates.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.