Sorry, this job has expired.
401K / Retirement plan, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
The driver-customer relationship is paramount to the success of our customers' business and ours. McLane driver teammates take this responsibility very seriously and develop a long, loyal relationship with McLane and our customers. Our driver teammates have guts, grit and a go-getter attitude and we're looking for more of it. Bring yours and roll with us.
We are currently seeking a driver helper.
You will be responsible for assisting the driver in every aspect of product delivery to customer stores in an efficient and safe manner by following all company procedures and best practices. You'll directly impact the business through your attention to safety, detail, and quality customer service skills.
In this position you must:
• Unload products at customer locations and place in appropriate areas, as directed by the customer/driver (i.e.: freezer, cooler or dry storage area).
• Complete delivery documentation according to company procedure to ensure timely processing of credits, shorts, etc.
• Accurately complete wage sheets according to company procedure to ensure timely processing of payroll data.
• Properly use delivery equipment such as ramps, load-locks, straps, and hand trucks to ensure safety and minimal product damage.
• Assist delivery driver with pre-trip and post-trip safety inspection following Department of Transportation (DOT) and McLane Company requirements.
• Act as a spotter for the delivery driver when parking at client locations.
• Have a high school diploma.
• Having warehouse experience is helpful.
• Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
• Have strong communication skills with ability to communicate with management team, drivers, helpers, and customers.
• Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Interested applicants click on Apply Now and fill out application on McLane Food Service Website (Job ID: 15087).
McLane Company, Inc. is one of the largest supply chain services leaders, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery and McLane Foodservice operates over 80 distribution centers across the U.S. and one of the nation's largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 110,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcoholic beverage distribution through its wholly owned subsidiary, Empire Distributors, Inc. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and employs more than 20,000 teammates.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.