Local Class A Delivery Truck Driver
Sorry, this job has expired.
San Antonio, TX
The driver-customer relationship is paramount to the success of our customers' business and ours. McLane driver teammates take this responsibility very seriously and develop a long, loyal relationship with McLane and our customers. Our driver teammates have guts, grit and a go-getter attitude and we're looking for more of it. Bring yours and roll with us.
We are currently seeking Route Delivery Drivers. These are 1-day routes, so you'll be home with your family daily.
We offer a highly competitive salary & benefits. First-year drivers average $65,000 annually, and we’re offering a limited-time $7,500 sign-on bonus for qualified drivers. You’ll start receiving Medical, Dental, Vision, and company-paid life insurance on your first day, and 401(k) with annual company match, paid holidays, and sick time after your first 90 days.
• Must have at least 1 year or 50,000 miles of tractor-trailer driving experience.
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Must possess a valid Class A CDL.
• Must go through a pre-hire screening process.
• Must undergo a background check and a drug test.
• Must meet McLane's MVR and risk rating qualifications.
• Stacking and sorting delivered goods.
• Making pickups as needed.
• Checking vehicle and equipment pre- and post-trip.
• Checking load inventories against invoices for accuracy.
• Unloading via ramp and hand cart.
• Securing empty pallets in truck.
• Maintaining the cleanliness of your truck.
• Returning equipment following use.
• Ability to routinely lift and move product and pallets weighing up to 75 lbs.
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Bring a high degree of attention, skill, and dexterity to controlling a tractor-trailer and preventing damage to materials and trailer equipment.
McLane Company, Inc. is one of the largest supply chain services leaders, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery and McLane Foodservice operates over 80 distribution centers across the U.S. and one of the nation's largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 110,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcoholic beverage distribution through its wholly owned subsidiary, Empire Distributors, Inc. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and employs more than 20,000 teammates.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.